Family Based Green Card

Posted on April 11, 2011. Filed under: Immigration | Tags: , , , , |

Foreign investors to obtain Permanent Resident status in the United States through the EB5 Visa preference category.

Amplify’d from

Family Based Green Cards

To get a family-based Green Card, a foreign national must be sponsored by a U.S. Citizen or Lawful Permanent Resident. Only certain family members are eligible.

Getting a family-based Green Card is a two-step process. The first step is the “Immigrant Petition” which establishes that a qualifying relationship exists between the U.S. Citizen or Lawful Permanent Resident and the Green Card applicant. The second step is the Green Card application. If the sponsor is a U.S. Citizen and the Green Card applicant is a spouse, parent or minor child who is currently in the U.S., then these two steps can usually be combined into one. Otherwise, applicants must wait for the Immigrant Petition to be approved before they can move on to the Green Card application.

Permanent Resident Card

See more at



Make a Comment

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )


Connecting to %s

Liked it here?
Why not try sites on the blogroll...

%d bloggers like this: