How do I replace my I-94 form?

Posted on September 17, 2010. Filed under: Immigration | Tags: , , |

Before we get started with the real process lets first see what the I-94 form is all about and the relevance it has with your stay in the USA.

The I-94 form is nothing but an Arrival and Departure record which mentions a users authorized stay in the USA. Given todays changed climate it becomes essential that your arrival and departure are properly documented in the USA.

As a foreign citizen you would have completed the I-94 form at the port of entry and the concerned CBP Officer would have given his consent by stamping the form by giving his final approval for admission for a specific period.

As a general rule you are required to submit your I-94 form when departing from the United States. This would help the custom official to record details of your travel and departure. If your departure record is not recorded properly it may cause problems for you while trying to re-enter the United States.

At this instance your file would remain open without closure and this would mean that you had overstayed in the USA. This would have serious problems for you the next time you try to enter the USA or even denial or cancellation of any US visa you might have.

It is in this backdrop that it becomes essential that you file for a replacement if you do not have your I-94 form with you. So in any instance were you are seeking to replace your I-94 form you need to do it with the form I-102.

This form is for an non-immigrant to apply for a new or replacement Form I-94 ( Nonimmigrant Arrival-Departure Document.)

Having a fair idea on the form lets now move on to how you need file with this form.

Typically your form I-102 has 5 parts.

Part 1: will seek your personal details.

Part 2: would be to identify the reason for filing the form I-102. Here you need to mention the reason as to why you are filing with the form I-102.

Part 3: would be on processing information seeking details of whether you are filing this application with any other petition or application or if you are in removal proceedings.

Part 4: & 5: are related to your signatures.

Your completed form should be accompanied with the proper supporting documents.

If your form I-94 was lost or stolen, a copy of the card if available or a biographical page from the passport and a copy of the page that USCIS had stamped your passport on arrival to the United States should accompany your completed signed application. If you do not possess any of these provide a written explanation with a copy of the police report.

Your filing location will depend on the place that you reside. The form I-102 should be accompanied with the filing fee of $320 which is not refundable

Once your form I-102 has been accepted, USCIS will check for its completeness which might also include submission of the required initial evidence. The whole process will take about 2-3 months.


Make a Comment

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )


Connecting to %s

2 Responses to “How do I replace my I-94 form?”

RSS Feed for Immigrate In USA Comments RSS Feed

How to Return Form I-94 or I-94W Arrival and Departure Record from the United States or What to do if the form I-94 has been lost.

[…] is a company that supply support for any immigration troubles. Individuals who want to approach their Green card for young children, Immigration INS application simple and quick on the web. Come across this report at How do I exchange my I-94 type? […]

Where's The Comment Form?

Liked it here?
Why not try sites on the blogroll...

%d bloggers like this: